A1Click and multiple users July 9th, 2020, 4:10am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  A1Click and multiple users

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1Click and multiple users
Posted: March 11th, 2006, 1:22pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

In WinXP I installed A1 Cleaner as administrator.  When I do most of my work and when I am on-line, I am logged on as another user.  My question is, does A1 cleaner clean both user's broken shortcuts, histories and recycle bins?  It doesn't seem to--How do I set it to do that?  Does it clean out my deleted E-mails in Outlook Express?  How can I set it to do that?
Posted: March 13th, 2006, 1:33pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

It depends on the item, how A1Click finds out where that item is, and whether the current user has access to that item, as to whether it works for both users or not.
   With broken shortcuts A1Click just searches through the drives for them.  If a drive or part of it is not accessible to the current user, A1Click will not be able to scan that part.
   With the History, A1Click looks in the registry for the location of the History list.  The registry only shows the location for the current user and so that is the only one that is cleared.
   With the Recycle Bin, unless a drive is inaccessible to the current user, it should be cleared for both users.
   Please note that A1Click has a Time Buffer.  If the Time Buffer is checked (as it is by default), only items that are older than two weeks are removed.  That could be why not all items are being removed.  The Time Buffer checkbox is in the Cleaner Settings section.
   If you want to use A1Click for both users, you probably will have to run it once when you are logged in as one user and run it again when you are logged in as the other user.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules