A1 PC Cleaner keeps bombing July 9th, 2020, 6:01am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  A1 PC Cleaner keeps bombing

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1 PC Cleaner keeps bombing
Posted: April 1st, 2006, 12:36pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi all, I downloaded the A1 PC Cleaner a while back (version 34) and ran it with no problems. Recently I upgraded to version 36. Since then, when I run the new version it either (1) just sits there "loading" or (2) gives me a plethora of error messages.  It has gotten so bad that I had to push the big button to shut the PC down. I noticed that when I have the System Monitor feature on, it spikes at 100%, as if it were a short circuit.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, but it continues bombing out on me.  I use Windows 98 2nd.  Do any of you have any ideas what the problem could be?      Thanks for your help
Posted: April 4th, 2006, 1:22pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I think the problem is that A1Click uses a lot of system resources and your computer does not have enough available.  I would suggest that you close all other programs running.  That will free up resources and hopefully allow A1Click to run.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Posted: April 8th, 2006, 11:22am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi Ray, I usually close all the programs I can before I run something like A1. I have no idea what runs in the background.  Anyway, I booted my PC up in Safe Mode and tried it one more time, and this time it worked. So there must be something there on my machine that is messing up the A1 program. Thanks for answering.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Posted: April 16th, 2006, 8:10am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have had A1 for awhile (about a month).  Today is the first time that it locked up, twice.  I had to restart the computer and it worked OK the third time.  I have XP w/2 update.  Wondered why it did this.  When it first starts it take awhile to get started.  I assume because it has to many files to check? Have a HP pavilion, 750n with 70 gig hard drive half full.
  Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
welsh793
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Posted: April 17th, 2006, 6:08am Report to Moderator
Guest User

If A1Click locks up when it starts, it is because there are too many programs running in the background.  This will only happen on a computer that does not have many resources (Windows version can also affect this because earlier versions of Windows have less resources).
   If A1Click locks up in the same place in a scan everytime and this started after you installed a Windows Update, see Microsoft about that.  One of their updates has a bug in it that locks up A1Click and other programs.
   If A1Click locks up while it is deleting undo files, please wait.  A1Click is just deleting a large file.  You may have to wait a half hour, but A1Click will continue.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules