encyclopaedia britannica 2006 and A1Click July 9th, 2020, 4:56am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  encyclopaedia britannica 2006 and A1Click

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    encyclopaedia britannica 2006 and A1Click
appelluc
Posted: May 29th, 2006, 3:34am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Each time I clean my disk with A1click Cleaner I have to install encyclopaedia britannica 2006 on the hard disk; with the previous versions of this encyclopaedia I never had this problem. What do I do wrong?
Posted: May 29th, 2006, 5:06am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Usually this happens because they have either named some of the files that they require with common temporary file extensions or they have placed them in temporary folders.
   The thing to do is to run A1Click manually after you have reinstalled the encyclopedia and find the encyclopedia entry in the Results screen that A1Click is removing.  From there you can tell A1Click to skip that item.  Please also tell me what the name of the file is so that I can put a warning in A1Click and have it skip it.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Posted: June 17th, 2006, 12:49pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have a radical notion. I used to have Britannica, American Heritage Dictionary, and others on my hard drive.  It was beginning to get crowded. Now I don't have any encyclopedias, or dictionaries except for WordWeb Pro (There is a free version). WWPro has database locally, but it also accesses any number of reference materials on the internet. The whole internet is your hard drive. Join Britannica online and place a shortcut on your desktop or taskbar to it. I do have some portal programs that connect to an online databases like BookSearch and aforementioned WordWeb. If you have a always on broadband connection there are few reference databases you need on your computer, except a dictionary, like WordWeb, Don't have - I am learning - have anything on your hard drive that you don't need. Ray gave you the solution. I am just a recovering download-install-it-all addict.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules