a1 clean error messages July 9th, 2020, 5:19am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  a1 clean error messages

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    a1 clean error messages
Posted: August 14th, 2006, 6:47am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Just curious I run the a1 clean and I get over 400 pieces of info that needs cleaned.  When I go to hit clean button the computer says something to zip drive error can not delete current  zip drive.  (can not open file C:\programfiles\a1clean\undo20060814.temp.zip.)  Can someone please tell me what is wrong so I can fix my computer or if there is a setting that I need to change to fix this?  Thanks
Posted: August 14th, 2006, 4:43pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

My guess is that you forced A1Click shut when it was deleting that file and so it could not completely delete it.  With it only partially deleted, it cannot be opened and so you get that error.  You should go into the A1Click folder and delete that file.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 11
Posted: August 15th, 2006, 8:47am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have tried that already and it shows it being deleted but, for some reason it does not delete it.  What is this problem?
e-mail Reply: 2 - 11
Posted: August 15th, 2006, 8:57am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I went into windows explorer which I thought that is what you were talking about and deleted the files from there.  I ran a1 clean and got the error again.  Any other suggestions?
e-mail Reply: 3 - 11
Posted: August 15th, 2006, 9:04am Report to Moderator
Guest User

It seems to be hanging up on the old winupdates when it is in process of delteing them.  I use the clean pc not the settings.  Hope this helps you out to better help me.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 11
Posted: August 16th, 2006, 10:09am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Yes, you should have deleted that file in Windows Explorer.
   If it is saying that it cannot open a that file, you need to figure out why it cannot open it.  I guessed that it was because the file had not been completely deleted.  If you deleted it and you are still getting that error, that must not have been what was wrong.  I do not know why else it would not be able to open it, unless something else on your computer is locking it open.
   You mention A1Click hanging when it is deleting the old winupdates.  I take it that is not the "cannot open file" error that you were having a problem with before.  So if your complaint is that A1Click hangs, I suggest that you just wait.  It is not really hanging, it is working.  Some things that it removes are quite big and take many minutes to remove.
e-mail Reply: 5 - 11
Posted: August 17th, 2006, 7:49am Report to Moderator
Guest User

When I delete it from windows explorer I rerun the a1 clean and it does the same thing.  It gets to a certain point and it only cleans so much.  I had 642 items to clean the box comes up saying 10 clean and 3 problems not removed.  I click ok and the error message pops up.  If I'm letting it go then how comes it stops at this point.  I know you said something about something being open.  Should I shut everything completely down that I can like browsers, antivirus, etc etc and see if that fixes the problem?
e-mail Reply: 6 - 11
Posted: August 17th, 2006, 9:28am Report to Moderator
Guest User

OK, that is a better explanation.  When you said that it was hanging, I thought you were saying that it was freezing.
   Maybe it is having a problem deleting one of those items at the top of the list (the winupdates).  You might try deleting them manually and see if that helps.
   It could be that the antivirus program is interferring.  If it is, it should be shut down and that could fix the problem.
e-mail Reply: 7 - 11
Posted: August 19th, 2006, 6:52am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Simply amazing and crazy!!!! It worked no error messages.  I guess when I run the a1 clean if I'm done on the puter is shut off the anitvirus.  Run it.  Delete.  Then shut down for the nite.  Weird, screwy but, effective.
e-mail Reply: 8 - 11
Posted: August 19th, 2006, 8:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I am not sure I understood what you just wrote.
   If an antivirus program was running, it is possible that it detected that files were being deleted (or a zip file was being made) and did not allow it.  Antivirus programs can be more hassle than they are worth.
e-mail Reply: 9 - 11
ken_kelsall
Posted: August 20th, 2006, 12:30am Report to Moderator
Guest User

WHEN I D/L A1 AND TRY TO USED IT, I GET A ERROR --MCUPDATE HAS FILE ERROR IN KERNEL32DLL MCUPDATE WILL NOW CLOSED
e-mail Reply: 10 - 11
Posted: August 21st, 2006, 3:39pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ken Kelsall, if your problem is different than the one in this thread (which it looks like it is), please start another thread.
   Actually, the best place to go for help with our programs is our FAQ sections.  Questions in the FAQ section are private and only released to the public if I feel they should be.
e-mail Reply: 11 - 11
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules