Double Start Up Programs July 9th, 2020, 5:07am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  Double Start Up Programs

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Double Start Up Programs
Posted: August 5th, 2007, 1:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

OK,...I'm stumped.  whatever I did, I now have double A1 Ultra clean, double win XP, double Reg Vac.  I looked and looked, but cannot find the folder that may cause this double effect of my startup items.  Can anyone shed a little light on this problem for me??

Thanks    
Posted: August 5th, 2007, 9:03am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Go to your documents and setting folder you'll find three possible users.  One will be "default user" one will be "all users"  and one will be the name that you assigned when you installed Win XP.  All three have sub folders for start menu.  Search all three for duplicates and take it from there.  This situation sometimes occurs when installing a program your given the option to let anyone on the computer use the program or just youself.  If you install the program twice and choose different options each time you can end up with multiple startups of that program.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Posted: August 6th, 2007, 6:12am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks FNLVN2.
I did look at the folders, but did not see any double entries there. Then, I had the idea to check the msconfig.exe file, and..BANG!, there it was;   On the start up tab, was Speedstart, and below that was A1 click, Win Rescue, Reg Vac.  I unchecked the boxes and the problem appears to have cleared up.  If they reappear, I'll need to look closer to track down what is making them start up again as single entries rather than being bundled up the the speedstart file.

Dragonfly
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: August 6th, 2007, 10:06am Report to Moderator
Guest User

If you have my programs set up to run automatically, they will check Startup when they are run and put themselves there if they are not there.  Speed Startup should detect the extra startup item and remove it before running those items (so only one instance should run).
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules