A1 & Reg vac, unremoved entries July 9th, 2020, 5:18am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  A1 & Reg vac, unremoved entries

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1 & Reg vac, unremoved entries
Posted: December 2nd, 2007, 8:41am Report to Moderator
Guest User

When using A1 or Regvac  sometimes not all entries are removed.
probably they are in use etc. Some programs remove such entries on reboot.
Does A1 & regvac remove them on reboot? If not is it a good Idea to have an additional
program to remove them? Perhaps you could comment on this.
Posted: December 3rd, 2007, 12:18pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

You are talking about two different things when you mention A1Click and RegVac.  A1Click cleans files off the computer and RegVac cleans registry entries.

When A1Click cannot remove an item, it is usually a folder and it cannot be removed because it is not empty (this especially happens in the Temporary Internet Files folder).  This is nothing to worry about.  When it becomes empty, it will be removed.  Before then, it does not have to be and should not be removed.
   Another possibility is that a file has a filename with foreign characters that your computer does not recognize (this can happen if you used to have a different language installed on your computer).  I don't know how you would remove these files.
   The only other type of file that cannot be removed is an open file.  As you alluded to, open files can be removed when Windows is restarted.  I would rather not go there because files are usually open for a reason and it is best not to mess with them.
   I have known antivirus programs to keep temporary files open and thus block them from being removed.  In this case, uninstalling the antivirus program or removing the files through the antivirus program is the way to go.

As far as RegVac is concerned, there are two reasons why an entry cannot be removed.  One is that it really is removed, but another program reenters it.  The second reason is because Windows does not allow some entries to be removed (Vista is especially bad at blocking entries from being removed).  There is no way to remove entries that Windows will not allow to be removed.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Posted: December 3rd, 2007, 2:35pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ray,
thanks for the clarification. The registry I can understand.
Re A1:
I seem to have 9-11 files of the following types.
Index.dat, ~DFA05.tmp, Passwd.log.

It is possible that these are new files currently in use and the older files are removed.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Posted: December 4th, 2007, 6:15pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

My guess would be that they are open and that they are open because they are being used.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Posted: December 4th, 2007, 6:21pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks again. We can close out this thread.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules