Duplicate File Finder in A1Click July 9th, 2020, 4:45am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  Duplicate File Finder in A1Click

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Duplicate File Finder in A1Click
Posted: December 19th, 2007, 9:07pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Under the bonus tools I ran the "duplicate File Finder" which took over 5 hours and came up with 3027 duplicate files. How in the world could any one know which files to delete?  
Posted: December 20th, 2007, 5:17pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Be careful not to touch any duplicates in the Windows folder. Generally if the files are truely identical I would delete the older versions. However the file locations are important. The safest but most painful way to do this is to change the last letter of the file extension to a  different letter (keeping this letter constant).  This way you can reboot and re test the software associated with the duplicate file.  If the software malfunctions, go back and correct the specific extension.  If the software works fine you can then locate and delete the duplicates.  Generally this is not worth the hassle particularly since even 3000 plus duplicate files don't take up too much space.
I might be too cautious and Ray might have a better solution.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Posted: December 21st, 2007, 1:05pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I added the duplicate file finder because a user had asked for it.
   If I used it, I would mainly use it to remind me of times when I had installed the same program to two different places or something like that.  These should be obvious.  You should always be cautious about removing duplicate files.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules