A1 Cleaner deleting "Recent items" button July 9th, 2020, 4:13am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  A1 Cleaner deleting "Recent items" button

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1 Cleaner deleting "Recent items" button
Posted: April 25th, 2008, 9:04am Report to Moderator
Guest User

After using A1 Cleaner I clicked on my Start button (lower left of desktop) and  the "Recent Items" button on the drop down menu is missing.  Therefore I cannot clear any recent items later on.  I read that this button may be deleted because A1 is deleting the desktop ini during cleaning.  
I took a look in the A1 cleaner settings check list and noticed that "Remove Desktop ini files" is NOT checked but "Empty recent list" IS checked.  Could this be creating the problem?  Thanks for the help
Posted: April 25th, 2008, 10:11am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Mine is not being removed.  No, having "Empty Recent List" checked will not remove that.  I don't think that having "Remove Desktop.ini files" checked will remove it either.
   I suspect something else.  Either something other than A1Click removed that or you ran something in A1Click other than Clean PC and the green items.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Posted: April 25th, 2008, 10:43am Report to Moderator
Guest User

When I run A1 cleaner I use:

Clean PC
Remove Tracks
Run Cleaner Settings

And sometimes Registry Cleaner in Bonus Tools.

Does this information help?
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: April 26th, 2008, 11:12am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Remove Tracks can have adverse effects on your computer and I would suspect that it may have caused that.  Remove Tracks deletes items on your computer that show what you have been doing on your computer, but it can also mess some things up, so I do not recommend using it unless you are afraid of other people spying on you.
   Run Settings allows you to choose which parts of Clean PC and Remove Tracks you want to scan and clean.  So Run Settings duplicates what is done with Clean PC and Remove Tracks.
   I would suggest just running Clean PC.
   If you want to also clean parts of Remove Tracks. figure out which item is removing the Recent Items button and which items are causing other problems, go into Cleaner Settings and make sure they are unchecked.  Then when you run Run Settings, it will only clean the checked items.  If you use Run Settings, you should not use Clean PC or Remove Tracks.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules