A1Click problems July 9th, 2020, 4:09am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  ›  A1Click problems

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    A1Click problems
Posted: April 29th, 2008, 9:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Because I have as many as fourteen windows open at one time I run A1Click every day at shut down and A1 finds 3 to400 problems each day and repairs all but 3 or 4. On Friday when I run A1 it took almost an hour and found 50486 problems and repaired only 1. Every day since then when I run A1 it wants to find this 50 thousand plus problems. I am not having any other computer problems other than with A1.
The bulk of problems it finds are 24956 temp file problems and 24956 temp folders with this many problems how could my computer possibly run with out any other problems?
On the 1st of April I switched to Comcast as my ISP, and as the result had a problem with one of my accounts and they said I should switch to FireFox which I did, could these changes have caused this?
Posted: April 29th, 2008, 11:40am Report to Moderator
Guest User

My guess is that you have Time Buffer in A1Click's Cleaner Settings checked.  When that is checked, A1Click waits for 7 days before it deletes files.  That is why they are not being removed.
   Something has put 50,000 temp files on your computer.  Those files will never be used by you again and are not needed.  They are taking up a lot of space on your computer.  That is the problem.  A1Click will remove them when they are older than 7 days (or you can go into Cleaner Settings and uncheck the Time Buffer checkbox).
e-mail Reply: 1 - 6
Posted: April 30th, 2008, 6:19pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

After removing the time buffer setting I ran A1click again and after 24 hours it only cleaned 21381 problems. Something is broke here. I have A1 on two computers and both run similar programs yet the other one does not have this problem. I changed the settings as you suggested, they were set to the default settings. Where do I go from here?
e-mail Reply: 2 - 6
Posted: May 1st, 2008, 5:51pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Did you by any chance put a check in the Use No Remains Deletion checkbox (it is under the Use Time Buffer checkbox in Cleaner Settings)?  It is unchecked by default.  Try unchecking it.  It will make the deleting process a lot faster.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 6
Posted: May 1st, 2008, 7:41pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

No there are no boxes checked in #2 for the setting.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 6
Posted: May 1st, 2008, 7:52pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I went to "My Computer" and ran " disk Clean " and it said I would gain 1438226 KB if I ran disk clean so I did. Just for for the heck of it I ran it a second time and This time it said 1437379 KB would be gained after running disk clean. Do these programs really work or are they to make you feel good? This computer works fine other than for the maintenance.
e-mail Reply: 5 - 6
Posted: May 2nd, 2008, 10:52am Report to Moderator
Guest User

disk Clean?  I have not heard of that.  I don't think that is what it is called.  What is it called?  Exactly where is it?  My Computer shows the drives, folders, and files on your computer.  If you right click on it, you get some utilities.
   Maybe something on your computer is not allowing them to be deleted or is not running right.  Maybe you didn't select the right things.  I don't know.
   I assume disk Clean comes with Windows.  I don't see why Microsoft would lie to you about what is removed and why they do it just to make you "feel good".
   I can assure you, my program, A1Click is not just trying to make you "feel good".  It deletes files (evidently, a lot on your computer) that take us space (A1Click tells exactly how much space they take up) and resources on your computer.  If you don't want that space and those resources, just don't run any disk cleaners.
e-mail Reply: 6 - 6
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    A1Click Ultra PC Cleaner  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules