Unwanted Emails October 29th, 2020, 10:14pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Unwanted Emails

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Unwanted Emails
George_Elengikal
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 1:20pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi,
      Is there anything that can be done to stop junk mail? Some of them are persistant. The sender's email address is not in the address book, but still it comes to the inbox. For example, 'cwt@glovespecialties.com' is an ad for medicines. I do not know how to stop this email from comming to my inbox.Spam filter is on.  Windows XP professional SP2, Outlook, Nod 32,is my setup. Can anybody help?Thanks.I do not want to change my email address.
Posted: January 27th, 2006, 4:48pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

There are many email filtering programs available, my choice which I have been using for years is Mailwasher from Firetrust.com it is not free but is a pay once program and entitles you to all new updates.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 6
judy
Posted: February 3rd, 2006, 7:08am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Gee-7, to stop unwanted email, in OE, select the unwanted missive, click on Message. In the resulting drop-down menu click on Block Sender. If you do this systematically with every piece of unwanted email that hits your inbox, it will bare fruit.
Judy
e-mail Reply: 2 - 6
Posted: February 3rd, 2006, 10:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

If you do what judy suggests with each email it will also take forever to get your emails because OE will have to go through the entire list with each email.  I used to do that and it became a real hassle.  I just use MailWasher (I have a free version).
e-mail Reply: 3 - 6
Posted: February 3rd, 2006, 4:53pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ray is correct in what he says as I did have the same issues when I used to use that process. In my opinion Mailwasher is worth the money you pay for it as it is a once only payment and entitles you to any further updates to the program.

Firetrust (Mailwasher) gives our Senior Group here a 20% commission on Sales to our Members, I don't know if Ray would be interesting in contacting them and pursuing a similar offer.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 6
Posted: February 17th, 2006, 1:29pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use Lockspam Pro, which is free.  It uses your address file to populate an allowed list.  Look it up in Google and try it.
e-mail Reply: 5 - 6
FWBOPP
Posted: February 18th, 2006, 6:19am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use the built in junk mail feature of Netscape 7.2. It seems to do the job quite well and it stores the junk mail in a folder for a week so I can examine them and reverse any that are not junk.
I have 3 email accounts and I only have a heavy junk mail problem with a Comcast account. The other 2 accounts rarely get any junk mail.
Regards, Fred
e-mail Reply: 6 - 6
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules