Deleting many email messages September 24th, 2020, 5:17pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Deleting many email messages

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Deleting many email messages
llennysr
Posted: January 2nd, 2007, 3:33pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I AM USING INCREDAMAIL XE FOR MY EMAIL.  IT IS PROVIDED BY VERIZON, I THINK.  IN ORDER TO CLEAR MY DELETIONS, I HAVE TO DELETE EACH ONE AND CLICK YES IN THE BOX THAT APPEARS.  THAT'S A LOT OF CLICKING, ESPECIALLY OVER THE WEEKEND AND CAN RUN INTO THE HUNDREDS.  IS THERE ANY WAY TO SPEED UP THE PROCESS?  I APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU CAN SUGGEST.  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
     LENNY RICKARD
Posted: January 2nd, 2007, 4:21pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I don't know about Incredamail but most email programs allow you to select many messages at once and then delete them all.  Try selecting the first message, going to the last message, holding down on the Shift button, and then selecting the last message.  That should select every message from the first to the last.  Then try clicking on the Delete button.
   Another way to select multiple messages is to hold the Ctrl button down and click on each of the messages that you want selected.  This only selects the ones that you click on.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Posted: January 5th, 2007, 3:33am Report to Moderator
Guest User

llennysr,

I agree with RAY, as I am also an Incredimail user. You can have multiple options to select all messages.
Go to the respective folder: INBOX or SENT ITEMS etc, go to edit menu and select all,& delete, that way you can delete all messages, or you can select an individual message, and press shift key and using down or UP arrow you can select respective multiple messages, and of course using the ALT key, simply click on respective messages and delete them.
viqar
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
Bob_Crawford
Posted: January 8th, 2007, 8:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

An easy way to delete all email messages is to highlight one of them and then click Ctrl+a which will highlight all of them, then click delete.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Posted: August 31st, 2008, 7:47am Report to Moderator
Guest User

In the "Edit" function (top toolbar) one of the options is to delete all items in the deleted items folder. After make that selection, one authentication screen follows and you're through
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules