Website Hosting January 27th, 2021, 2:36pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Website Hosting

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Website Hosting
Posted: February 2nd, 2007, 4:20pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Has any one had experiences with website hosting companies?  I see ads for several in various computer mags.  As I am only interested in one for personal use some appear to be reasonably affordable.  I want to post a goodly number of pictures, articles, family histories, midi or MP3 files of my own compositions and arrangements, things of interest to extended family and friends, etc.  

I've looked at a number of ISPs and other special interest group web sites all of which are pricey and/or too restrictive in storage space, size of uploads allowed, not always accessible by family, friends or someone responding to a google or yahoo hit.

Some hosts like netfirms I have not looked at.  From their printed ad they seem more business oriented. 1&1 looks good and sounds good but there are several really bad recent end user reviews on the Internet.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 8:41am Report to Moderator
Guest User

We have several companies that we use for our web hosting but I would recommend pair.com.  We have used them for years.  They are reasonably priced, reliable, and I have had no problems with them.
   I have used 1&1 for registering a domain which was a nighmare until we got it all worked out.  They are inexpensive but not too user friendly.  They do have tech support which I contacted but it took about a week of contacting them before we got it all working right.  I don't know how they are with web hosting.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 10
Posted: February 3rd, 2007, 3:56pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have used godaddy.com, they are reasonable ($6.95 mo).  Also, hostmonster.com is worth a look ($4.95 mo).
e-mail Reply: 2 - 10
Posted: February 4th, 2007, 12:47pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use godaddy for a personal website and have had no problems with them.
The cost is reasonable also and you have a tremendous amount of space.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 10
rkco72
Posted: February 4th, 2007, 2:55pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use TLCHOST.NET   They are very economical and generally good tech support through their site.

You might check them out.

e-mail Reply: 4 - 10
atcrunner
Posted: February 8th, 2007, 7:05am Report to Moderator
Guest User

We used a phone company hosting service for a few years and had no problems with them but I thought they were too expensive for our small site and usage.  I did some research and found http://www.ixwebhosting.com to be very well recommended.  Changing over to them was very painless and the interface to manage the site is very easy and far better than the phone company site.  I believe the price is very fair for the amount of space.  With the exception of last Tuesday we have never had any downtime with them but I suspect it might have had something to do with some internet backbone hacking that was going on that day.
e-mail Reply: 5 - 10
susan
Posted: February 11th, 2007, 3:35am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use http://www.icdsoft.com/ for a number of web sites that I have. Excellent support service. Easy to upload files to. May look overwhelming because they have the capabilities to host large sites also. I think their price is reasonable.
e-mail Reply: 6 - 10
Posted: March 3rd, 2007, 5:28am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Godaddy? I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Some three or four years ago I paid an American guy ( http://www.registereu.com/ ) 60 euros to reserve the domain 'planetnetwork.eu'. When the real eu registry took off I found that 'planetnetwork.eu' had been allocated not to me but to a firm of pop-up merchants called 'godaddy' which appears to be associated with registereu.com.

(WHOIS Cees den Hollander rainbowwarrior_s@hotmail.com Be warned!)
e-mail Reply: 7 - 10
Posted: October 31st, 2007, 12:31pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have been using christianwebhost.com for several years, with amazing results. I host four sites and several domains with them. They have just done a large upgrade with their severs and have awesome tech support.

The couple is owned by a wonderful couple that makes it their business to make you comfortable and happy. When dealing with the giants you are a no body, with Christian Web Host you are treated as a real person. The only times I have needed tech support was for my own ignorance of how to do something. I was treated with understanding and dignity as they explained how to complete my desired results.

Their rates are very fair for the service you receive. Try them you will not be disappointed.
e-mail Reply: 8 - 10
Posted: October 31st, 2007, 1:13pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Quoted from pschonstrom
Has any one had experiences with website hosting companies?

Have you found a satisfactory site, since asking this question?

Cheers,

Peter
e-mail Reply: 9 - 10
Posted: December 23rd, 2007, 6:49am Report to Moderator
Guest User

1 and 1 has worked perfectly for me... Yahoo and Godaddy are terrible!
e-mail Reply: 10 - 10
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules