Mp3 Theft? October 29th, 2020, 10:27pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Mp3 Theft?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Mp3 Theft?
Posted: February 22nd, 2007, 9:03am Report to Moderator
Guest User

An outfit called http://www.mp3raid.com/ has been carrying links to at least one of my music files. Can I block this activity?
Posted: February 23rd, 2007, 5:42am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I assume your music files are on a website.
   Some web hosts do allow you to block traffic from certain URLs.  Such a feature would be in your web account's control panel if you have one.  If you don't find that, go to your provider's website to see if they provide that and if not ask their tech support about it.
   Another option is to ask the mp3raid.com website to remove the link.  Most websites will comply with such a request.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Posted: February 26th, 2007, 11:13pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I am now also finding that many sites are linking to my graphics!

I honestly do not believe that in this day and age personal approaches work. The internet ethos is all wrong for this.

I remember reading somewhere that one could block attempts to link to graphics and sound files and even includes by tinkering with the .htaccess file on my virtual server (to which I have access)?
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: February 27th, 2007, 11:14am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I was just speaking from experience.  I do ask websites to remove links to my files and they do comply.
   If you want to know about .htaccess, do a search for it on the internet and you will find all kinds of websites telling about it.  When I have used it, it blocked more than I wanted it to.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules