backing up outlook express September 24th, 2020, 7:14pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  backing up outlook express

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    backing up outlook express
Posted: June 20th, 2007, 10:21am Report to Moderator
Guest User

where is the location of my outlook express folders ex:deleted items, in box,  sent items, and all the folders that I have put saved e-mails in.thanks
Posted: June 21st, 2007, 2:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Different versions of Windows have it in different places.  The easiest way to find it is to do a search (click on the Start button in Windows and select Search) for .dbx on your computer.  The folder where those files are found is the location where Outlook Express keeps its folders and emails.
   If you find more than one location, look at the date of the files and the one with the most current dates is the current location.
   The location on my Windows XP computer is C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{89EF8948-5C9E-47BA-AEF3-2DB634FD6694}\Microsoft\Outlook Express.  The HP_Owner part and {89EF8948-5C9E-47BA-AEF3-2DB634FD6694} part in the above location is different on different computers.  I have also seen the location in a similar place but in the Windows directory.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
BeeTee
Posted: July 8th, 2007, 5:44am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I've been using a free Outlook Express Utility for over two years. I have restored my files twice in that time with very good results.

You can find the free OEBackup program at http://www.oehelp.com/
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules