Site reverts to desktop January 27th, 2021, 2:40pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Site reverts to desktop

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Site reverts to desktop
Posted: July 1st, 2007, 11:17am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Clicking a link on a website (Jigzone.com) reverts me back to my desktop. The last time on this website two days ago I was able to click on a link and open up a puzzle. This morning doing the same click I get switched back to my desktop.
I tried other sites in my favorites and had no problem opening links.
I'm running Windows XP SP2. Just did a restore, but that did not solve the situation of closing site and reverting to desktop. My security setting is Medium.
What things can I check?
Posted: July 2nd, 2007, 2:57am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I would think that it was more a problem with the link than with your computer.
   Right click on the link and select Copy Shortcut.  Then paste it in a post here (put the cursor in the reply box and press Ctrl and V).  That will give us more information about the link.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 6
Posted: July 9th, 2007, 8:57am Report to Moderator
Guest User

The link in Jigzone.com is http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2007-07-08.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 6
Posted: July 12th, 2007, 9:07am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I didn't have a problem with that link.  It looks like that link runs some programming code behind the scenes to set up the puzzle.  It is possible that the programming language of the programming code is not properly set up on your computer and so you are having that problem (in that case, it should do that with every puzzle).  I could not tell what language that site uses.  It could be Java.
   By the way, that is a great site.  Those puzzles are neat.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 6
Posted: July 15th, 2007, 8:00am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ray, I think you hit the nail on the head with Java. Before the problem popped up I did a Java update. So, I just did a file search and found 65 Java related files, BUT found nothing listed for Java in Start / All Programs. However, in Start / Control Panel / Add or Remove there is a JSE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11 listed.

My impulse is to go to Start / Add or Remove and remove the JSE 5.0. Then to the Java site and download again. What of all those files that remain?

e-mail Reply: 4 - 6
Posted: July 16th, 2007, 5:11am Report to Moderator
Guest User

It is possible that Java does not list itself in All Programs.  That does not mean that it does not exist.  The 65 Java related files are probably not Java itself but programs that run in Java.
   If a reinstall of Java does not work, I would suggest looking on the Java website for answers.
e-mail Reply: 5 - 6
Posted: July 20th, 2007, 12:44pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I did an install of JRE 6.0 update 2, then uninstalled 5.0. Could not get Java to verify itself until I went into IE/tools/manage addons and enabled 2 activeX controls for java programs. Could have been problem all along?
Now I can run Jigzone
e-mail Reply: 6 - 6
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules