Deleting bookmarks? September 23rd, 2020, 1:48am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Deleting bookmarks?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Deleting bookmarks?
Posted: August 12th, 2007, 2:22pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I'm using msn as a isp. I can't delete one of my book marks in favorites. It reinstalls after I turn my pc off and reboot.I've deleted the book mark at least twenty times, only to have it show up a day later.???
Posted: August 13th, 2007, 9:33am Report to Moderator
Guest User

The book marks in Favorites are kept on your drive in different places.  I would suggest that you do a Search on your computer (go to Start and then to Search) for Favorites and look in the folders that it finds for that link.  When you find it, try deleting it.  If it still comes back, something is adding it back in.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 7
Posted: August 17th, 2007, 6:00pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I've done three searches, and found nothing.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 7
Posted: August 18th, 2007, 3:37am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I assume that you are using Internet Explorer as your browser.  Other browsers may be different.
   I did a search for Favorites and found Favorites folders in the following places:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
C:\Documents and Settings\Default Users   (star)
C:\Documents and Settings\{your user account}
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents
C:\Documents and Settings\{your user account}\Application Data   (star)
   The second and last location above have the folder icon shown as a star while the others are shown as a folder.  The star icons indicate that these are the actual contents of the Favorites items while the others are copies.
   Having said all of that, you should be able to delete the bookmarks from those locations (find them by right clicking on Start, selecting Explore from the popup menu, and finding the locations in Windows Explorer).
e-mail Reply: 3 - 7
Posted: August 18th, 2007, 9:55am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ray
Thank you.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 7
Posted: August 18th, 2007, 11:41am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Nothing seems work.The book mark showed up again this morning.I've done spyware scans, rootkit scans.I'm now locked out as administrator on my virus protection program.I'm going to unistall my virus protection, then reinstall it, and do a  virus scan. The bookmark is called 101 Bible contradictions.
e-mail Reply: 5 - 7
Posted: August 19th, 2007, 9:54am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Well i couldn't reload my virus protection. I had to download AGV virus protection.I found out I could get spyblocker to block the book mark.So far the book mark hasn't  appeared on my favorites.
e-mail Reply: 6 - 7
Posted: August 22nd, 2007, 11:43am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Well I found why I can't delete any of my favorite. Like I said my isp is msn and  Qwest is my dsl provider. It seems that msn has all my favorites on their machine, and their machine has a bug.
e-mail Reply: 7 - 7
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules