Loss of e-mail connection September 24th, 2020, 6:32pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Loss of e-mail connection

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Loss of e-mail connection
BKJ
Posted: August 16th, 2007, 4:59pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I run Windows XP in my computer that has two profiles.  Each profile has an e-mail connection.  Lately, it seems that when one profile logs on to receive e-mail over the common high speed connection, somehow the winsock for the other profile is disabled.  When the other profile is logged on, that profile is unable to retreive the email unless the winsock is reset and the computer is rebooted.  Any suggestions as to where the problem is?  I have downloaded and use WinsockxpFix.exe, but this only seems to remove the need to reset the winsock by commands in the DOS window.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to where to find a resolution.

Thanks,
Brian
Posted: August 16th, 2007, 7:30pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

This could be a safety measure by your ISP to keep people using a common connection from reading each others email.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
BKJ
Posted: August 21st, 2007, 1:05pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks for your reply, but I have checked with my ISP and they do not have anything that will change my winsock setting.  Their tech support has no suggestions for this.  This has only started to happen recently after I finally figured out how to activate the fax control panel provided by windows but not enabled by the PC vendor as it was left in the cab files with out any instructions how to extract it.

Brian
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: August 24th, 2007, 10:20pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

If you have the fax service set to start automatically, try changing it to manual.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules