Losing Verizon DSL connection September 22nd, 2020, 11:52pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Losing Verizon DSL connection

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Losing Verizon DSL connection
jspen
Posted: October 30th, 2007, 8:35am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Like the situation described in the recent cable modem thread, I sometimes lose my Verizon DSL connection -- usually after I haven't used the connection for several hours.  It wouldn't be a big problem except that rebooting the modem means I also have to reboot the router & computer.  Major hassle.  Is there a way to reestablish the DSL connection via software?  --John
Posted: November 3rd, 2007, 8:37am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I had a similar problem for awhile.  Not pushing any products but after I got "Network Magic" it must be taking care of the problems because it is covering my home network 24/7.  It is sold by http://shop.avanquest.com/store  about $39 for three site licenses on a download.
Good luck,  welsh793
e-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Posted: November 4th, 2007, 1:55pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Normally you can reboot the modem without rebooting anything else. Just turn it off and back on.
I do it with an AT&T connection and have been told to do this by their support people.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 4
jspen
Posted: November 4th, 2007, 6:35pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

No problem rebooting the modem.  But when I do, my router loses its connection to the modem, so I have to reboot the router.  When I do that, my computer drops its connection to the router, & usually the only way I can get it back is to reboot the computer.  That's why I want to be able to re-set the DSL connection without turning anything off.
e-mail Reply: 3 - 4
Posted: November 7th, 2007, 8:49pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Sounds like you need to reconfigure your router.
The reason for rebooting the modem is so the router will lose connection with it.
Then it will renegotiate the connection with the modem when the modem is turned back on.
e-mail Reply: 4 - 4
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules