Should I allow 3rd Party Cookies? September 23rd, 2020, 1:21am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Should I allow 3rd Party Cookies?

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Should I allow 3rd Party Cookies?
Posted: March 2nd, 2008, 7:11am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi - We are trying to subscribe to "Blue Mountain" (Greeting cards). It asks that we allow third party cookies, I changed our browser setting to "prompt" for 3rd party cookies but it still wants more!

Should I go ahead and change to allow all third party cookies?

Thanks, William

wright3279
Posted: March 10th, 2008, 7:07am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use Firefox and there is a setting under Options/Privacy that allows all cookies but then when you close that session, the cookies are not kept. Don't know about IE, but there's a good little free progarm called CCleaner that you can run to delete all cookies. There's also a setting in CCleaner where you tell it which cookies not to delete. It also empties all caches. When installing it there's an option to put it in the right click menu of your Recycle Bin.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Posted: March 10th, 2008, 4:45pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

There is nothing wrong with having cookies.  In fact, they make your life a lot easier.  The nature of cookies makes them impossible to ruin your computer or spy on you.  They simply record what you did on or information that you entered in that website.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: March 10th, 2008, 5:09pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks for the responses. As it turned out, we were just stubborn enough to search for an alternative to Blue Mountain, and found American Greetings with an almost identical service and went with them. We had no problem registering with them with our IE settings.

Best Regards, Ken
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules