AOL problems 9.0VR vs. 9.1??? September 22nd, 2020, 11:36pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  AOL problems 9.0VR vs. 9.1???

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    AOL problems 9.0VR vs. 9.1???
Flying_Philip
Posted: March 17th, 2008, 5:04pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I had many freeze up and disconnect problems with AOL 9.1 and switched to 9.0VR. The AOL techie made this suggestion since 9.1 was in a beta format. I am still having some similar problems. Does any one know if AOL has put too many filters or blockers in their latest versions??? I'll appreciate any and all help on which version to run and/or how to fix the problems.

I'd rather not switch ISPs because of a large address book and favorite places.

Thanks much, pbn757@aol.com in Denver, CO.

Posted: March 23rd, 2008, 7:39am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I had a similar problem a few years ago with the so-called "security version" of AOL9.  The solution was to install an older version.  Unless AOL has changed things, each installed version operates independently of the others.  So, in theory, a computer could have versions 7, 8, and 9, and several variations of each installed, all at the same time.  

Of course, there are some limitations as to how old a version one can install, as limited by the operating system.  For example, a version which supports 98 may not support XP.

Thus, my best advice is to try installing other variations of version 9.

By the way, some ISPs offer a free service to transfer adresses and favorites out of AOL.  And there are some freeware and shareware programs that can read AOL-type files.  Here is one worth trying:

http://members.aol.com/pfcviewer/index.htm
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules