FIREFOX OPTIONS October 29th, 2020, 11:13pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  FIREFOX OPTIONS

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    FIREFOX OPTIONS
Posted: April 28th, 2008, 1:32pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

WHEN MY COMPUTER BOOTS UP I GET AN OPTION FROM FIREFOX TO RESTORE LAST SESSION OR BEGIN NEW SESSION. IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE A DEFAULT CHOICE THAT I DON'T HAVE TO SPECIFY EACH TIME? THANKS, BILL
djporter
Posted: May 3rd, 2008, 7:20am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Being new to Firefox (great prg BTW) I have found that closing the browser from the task bar will usually invoke that option. Exiting the program from Firefox menu bar will allow you to start a NEW session the next time you start Firefox.
Hoe this helps.
Dave
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Posted: May 3rd, 2008, 8:24am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Firefox shows that option when it has been inappropriately shut down.  Personally, I haven't had a problem shutting Firefox down using the task bar at the bottom.  However, something you're doing when Firefox shuts down is causing it to shut down improperly - sort of like unplugging your computer while Windows is running (a no-no, of course).  It has to go through its own shut-down routine, apparently, and if it doesn't, it gives you the option of going back to the same site(s) and configuration you had when it inappropriately shut down, or just starting fresh.  Are you shutting down Windows with programs still open, allowing Windows to shut them down?  If so, though that will generally work OK, it will sometimes not shut down programs properly and that might be causing your problem.  Just make sure you individually close each program before you shut down and that may well solve your problem.

Personally, I use the little "close" icon (the boxed X at the top right of the screen) and I've never had a problem that way.  Or, you could use "File" and "Exit" if you like doing things with extra steps.
C.R
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: May 13th, 2008, 1:37pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Merle Dolan wrote me and said that he has had the same problem forever and just found the answer in PC World Magazine.
   if you quit Firefox by clicking on the red X, Firefox sees that as an "Unexpected Shut Down" and so the next time that it starts, it asks if you want to restore the last session.  The proper way to exit the program is to select Exit from the File menu.
   He also said, "The article also showed that the "Options" feature is located under "Help" and "About Firefox". Go figure!!"
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules