Internet Explorer Quits Responding September 28th, 2020, 7:07pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Internet Explorer Quits Responding

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Internet Explorer Quits Responding
codyp
Posted: May 11th, 2008, 1:43am Report to Moderator
Guest User

When I visit a certain webpage on my laptop Internet Explorer quits responding.  The hourglass pops up and I cannot go forward or backward on my recent pages or close tabs.  I have to do ctl-alt-del and end the task.  I went to the webpage on my desktop and it did the same.  I sent an error report to microsoft and did all they said to do.  I ran my adware, spyware, and antivirus.  Did disk check, drive check and defragment and it still does it.  I had 2 people visit the webpage.  It did the same to them.  Any suggestions?
Posted: May 12th, 2008, 6:39pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

It sounds like the problem is with the webpage.
   It would have been nice if you told us which website it is so that we can check it out.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
codyp
Posted: May 15th, 2008, 12:07am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Ancestry.com viewing public records ie: census, marriage, birth.  When you go to these documents or their help page the computer freezes up.  I finally got hold of their tech and they said it was my Norton toolbar and phishing filter settings.  Norton tech had me to install another browser...Opera..just for this website only.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules