SD card reader October 19th, 2021, 2:01am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    RegVac  ›  SD card reader

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    SD card reader
Posted: December 14th, 2007, 11:03pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

[face=Arial][/face]Inserting SD card into integrated reader slot shows autoplay options. Clicking on "transfer photos using Windows scanner and camera wizard" results in the options window disappearing, but nothing else happening. I read where this may be due to one or more "shell hardware detection" keys in the registry either missing or corrupted. Could RegVac have deleted said keys?
Posted: December 15th, 2007, 5:25am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I run RegVac (http://superwin.com/regvac.htm) everyday and I have never had a problem with the SD card.  I have never heard of anyone else having a problem with it either.
   You asked, "Could RegVac have deleted said keys?".  RegVac deletes invalid keys.  Sometimes programmers, yes, even programmers for Microsoft, make mistakes and put invalid keys in the registry.  When that happens, RegVac deletes them.  Is that what happened in your case?  I doubt it and if it did, I have not heard of it doing that.
   We try to catch those invalid keys that programmers mistakenly put in the registry and have RegVac skip them.  You can also tell RegVac to skip any key that you want it to.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 1
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    RegVac  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules