Unlimited Orange Broadband October 22nd, 2020, 12:02pm
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Unlimited Orange Broadband

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Unlimited Orange Broadband
Posted: November 27th, 2006, 5:11pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

For many years I have been using the Freeserve (> Wanadoo > Orange) Alcatel-based supposedly unlimited broadband connection in conjunction with the CiDial 'keep alive' programme.

Since Orange took over I have found that they are cutting off the connection every 15 minutes or so whenever I am using streaming music from the BBC. (The BBC use Real .RA formatted files and once the connection breaks whilst CiDial restores the internet connection there is no automatic recovery as far as the .RA files are concerned, just displays the Real error message.)

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem with BBC streaming or with Orange/Wanadoo/Freeserve? Or can anyone recommend a more reliable ISP.
Posted: December 27th, 2006, 10:51am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Hi,
the problem is with Orange although they will deny it. Their servers are overworked and one way to cure it is to cut you off. Dial-up customers often can't connect at all.
(They will even let you get your mail via another ISP, it's so bad.
Try thinkbroadband.co.uk and compare ISP's
good luck
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Posted: December 28th, 2006, 7:03am Report to Moderator
Guest User

You might call Orange and ask them about it.
   I once used a dialup service that was advertised as "unlimited".  One day I found that I could not hook up with them.  I called them and they told me that there was actually a limit to the amount of hours I could spend online with them each week.  After that I made sure to keep under that amount of time which was no big deal.
   I have purchased other services which claimed to provide unlimited bandwidth but were also limited (they claimed that the bandwidth was still unlimited but that I was overloading their servers which was not allowed).
   I have found that the companies usually explain the problem and point you to some fine print stating that limitation, if you ask.
   Unlimited is seldom unlimited.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules