How do I turn on the number keys October 19th, 2021, 2:16am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Computer Problems  ›  How do I turn on the number keys

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    How do I turn on the number keys
JAM
Posted: May 13th, 2007, 9:37pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

How do I set options to enable me to use the numbers on the right side of my keyboard, instead of having to use the numbers on top, over the letters?  I've tried to set it in control panel, but I'm not sure what I'm doing. Sometimes I can get it to work, then, when I turn on computer again, I can't get the numbers side to work again.  I really don't understand what options to set. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  
Posted: May 14th, 2007, 10:52am Report to Moderator
Guest User

The numbers on the right side are called the keypad.
   Look on your keyboard for a NumLock key and a NumLock light (they should be on or near the keypad).  If the NumLock light is on, the keypad will work.  If it is off, it will not work.  You can turn the NumLock light on and off by pressing the NumLock key.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Christo
Posted: May 20th, 2007, 2:11am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Normally Numlock default status is set in BIOS - refer to your motherboard manual for this feature.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: November 18th, 2010, 8:49am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Normally the suggestion to set the Numerical Lock On in the bios works all the time, but if that should not work Microsoft has a fix at this address.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154529
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Computer Problems  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules