Downloading with Firefox October 25th, 2020, 5:38am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Internet  ›  Downloading with Firefox

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    Downloading with Firefox
nabbers
Posted: April 27th, 2008, 3:39am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Occasionally,  when I click on a site to download a program, my Firefox browser closes unexpectedly.  If I want to download a particular program, I must then open Internet Explorer and then I do not have a problem downloading.  What must I do in Firefox to enable me to download programs?
Posted: April 27th, 2008, 4:47pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

It is so tempting for me to say just ditch Firefox and use Internet Explorer especially since some people have ridiculed me for not switching to Firefox, but I won't say anything.  
   Since I don't use Firefox, I don't know an answer to your problem.  Maybe someone else will.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 2
Posted: May 4th, 2008, 7:33pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I understand that your FF does not *always* close unexpectedly. There can be a lot of reasons, so I cannot give a general answer. Mozilla knowledge base says for instance: clear up the download history (open with Ctrl + J).

With Windows I use FF, Opera, MSIE, and mostly follow that order if a download will not start. I will also look what the particular site actually does when you click "Download". If it switches to a different domain, FF can be a lot more "picky" about redirection.
However, in that case FF does not hang or crash, but just stops (mostly).

Personally I think it is a good thing that my browser is a bit particular about who its friends are.
But then I hardly ever have trouble with downloading via FF.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 2
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Internet  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules