Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Internet  /  File/Program Deletion
Posted by: 84 (Guest), February 18th, 2007, 8:11am
I want to delete a file from my laptop but can't. Everytime I try I get the message that it's in by another program and that I need to close that program. The only problem is I have no idea what the program is or how to find it. If some one can cule me on how to get that doen I would appreciate it.
Thank you.
Posted by: 34 (Guest), February 18th, 2007, 2:36pm; Reply: 1
If you are absolutely sure that you want to delete the file, you can use the delete command in either the recovery console or the command prompt.
This will remove the file, but the program using it may be unable to run after you do so.
Posted by: 112 (Guest), February 20th, 2007, 7:17am; Reply: 2
   If you don't want to do what dlwolff0 suggests (even though that is probably what you will have to do), tell us what the file is that you want to delete and maybe we can help you.
   I recently ran into such a problem when it came to deleting tmp files which Kaspersky AntiVirus kept.  Kaspersky was not running but I still could not delete the tmp files in its folder.  The only solution was to uninstall Kaspersky.  Once it was uninstalled, I could delete the files.
Posted by: 84 (Guest), February 20th, 2007, 8:13am; Reply: 3
I just saw your response. In my programs folder there are 2 messenger folders. One says messenger and when I check it the file name is msmsgs.exe(this is the one that I want to get rid of but get the warning on. The other is msn messenger. I believe the first one is causing me problems with my messenger video. I used to be able to see and talk to my wife but haven't been able to for the longest becaus the video won't load. I've tried all of the fixes that msm told me to do but nothing works. I can have a video call with some one locally(here in Kuwait but can't outside anymore). Any help would be gratly appreciated. Thanks
Print page generated: October 28th, 2020, 10:10pm