Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Reader's Tips  /  Make On Line Buy Folder
Posted by: 135 (Guest), July 23rd, 2007, 5:23am
When you download program files, or purchase programs on line, we receive passwords and information about the program. I put this information in my ON LINE PURCHASES in my email program folder or My Documents folder for safe keeping and reference if needed.  Saves a lot of hunting or wondering where that "password" was kept if needed again. Cut and paste the email information into the folder and it will be there to retrieve with just a click of the mouse.  By the way, I got this tip from a "Steve" person from Worldstart.com, and it has been a help.  (Saves the embarrassment of writing to Ray for  update password information - I know - I forgot 'my' folder until I got my password from Win Software and then the light 'came on' - DUH)  

::)

Dragonfly
Posted by: 195 (Guest), September 23rd, 2007, 6:21pm; Reply: 1
I've approached the question by using a separate folder in Eudora. After receiving information about a purchase, I <Transfer> to a folder named <Shopping>. When I have to look up information, I open the <Shopping> folder. The only drawback is I have to open Eudora, but the search engine makes up for the extra step.
Print page generated: November 29th, 2020, 10:07pm