Print Topic

Computer Q&A Board  /  Internet  /  Downloading with Firefox
Posted by: nabbers (Guest), April 27th, 2008, 3:39am
Occasionally,  when I click on a site to download a program, my Firefox browser closes unexpectedly.  If I want to download a particular program, I must then open Internet Explorer and then I do not have a problem downloading.  What must I do in Firefox to enable me to download programs?
Posted by: 112 (Guest), April 27th, 2008, 4:47pm; Reply: 1
   It is so tempting for me to say just ditch Firefox and use Internet Explorer especially since some people have ridiculed me for not switching to Firefox, but I won't say anything.  :)
   Since I don't use Firefox, I don't know an answer to your problem.  Maybe someone else will.
Posted by: 39 (Guest), May 4th, 2008, 7:33pm; Reply: 2
I understand that your FF does not *always* close unexpectedly. There can be a lot of reasons, so I cannot give a general answer. Mozilla knowledge base says for instance: clear up the download history (open with Ctrl + J).

With Windows I use FF, Opera, MSIE, and mostly follow that order if a download will not start. I will also look what the particular site actually does when you click "Download". If it switches to a different domain, FF can be a lot more "picky" about redirection.
However, in that case FF does not hang or crash, but just stops (mostly).

Personally I think it is a good thing that my browser is a bit particular about who its friends are.
But then I hardly ever have trouble with downloading via FF.
Print page generated: October 28th, 2020, 2:53pm