exclude hiberfil.sys from winxp backup October 19th, 2021, 1:58am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Super Win Software programs    WinRescue  ›  exclude hiberfil.sys from winxp backup

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    exclude hiberfil.sys from winxp backup
Phil_King
Posted: September 6th, 2007, 9:49am Report to Moderator
Guest User

How can I exclude the file hiberfil.sys (hibernation file) from the back since it hangs the backup and requires a user response.
Posted: September 6th, 2007, 8:44pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Which backup program you are asking about?
   If you are asking about WinRescue, WinRescue automatically skips hiberfil.sys.
e-mail Reply: 1 - 3
Phil_King
Posted: September 12th, 2007, 8:35am Report to Moderator
Guest User

When I do a backup in winrescuexp the program hangs and says the file is too large for backup and may cause errors thus requiring user intervevention b4 the backup will continue.
e-mail Reply: 2 - 3
Posted: September 13th, 2007, 3:08am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Exactly what does the error message say?  I don't remember one that says that the file is too large and does not allow the user to continue.
   Where are you backing it up to?  Are you using compression?  I can see you getting that error if you are backing up to a CD (or some small drive like that) with no compression and the file being backed up is too big to fit on the target drive.  If you use compression, the file will be split up.

WinRescue does have an error message that is given at the end of a backup and is given when backing up to a CD with no compression.  It says:

Files were found that were too big to fit on a CD.  These files were skipped.  Consider compressing the backup if you want to back up these files.

Is that the error message you are referring to?
e-mail Reply: 3 - 3
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    WinRescue  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules