BURNING DVDS October 19th, 2021, 3:42am
Home Calendar Search Register Login
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Computer Q&A Board    Answers    Other Computer Problems  ›  BURNING DVDS

Pages: 1
Recommend Print
  Author    BURNING DVDS
Robspace1
Posted: June 5th, 2006, 3:37am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I am getting super frustrated trying to burn DVDs-I have no problem with MP3s- but it seems there is almost always one reason or another for a copy not to be made-I use the best blanks made and my burners work good-I have Nero but none of the programs works well-Anybody recommend a good burner program?
jean
Posted: June 12th, 2006, 12:25pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

What kind of dvd are you trying to burn, rented or borrowed movie dvd's or copyed?       If you are trying to burn these types you may need the program called Dvd Shrink to first copy movie/show/dvd to your harddrive and then burn with nero, or any other dvd burning program.

You can get more info about this program here (www.dvdshrink.info) also more about burning dvd in general. I hope this is a help
e-mail Reply: 1 - 13
Robspace1
Posted: June 14th, 2006, 9:01am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Quoted from jean
   What kind of dvd are you trying to burn, rented or borrowed movie dvd's or copyed?       If you are trying to burn these types you may need the program called Dvd Shrink to first copy movie/show/dvd to your harddrive and then burn with nero, or any other dvd burning program.

You can get more info about this program here (www.dvdshrink.info) also more about burning dvd in general. I hope this is a help

Thanks-I am downloading movies from the internet to hard drive-Getting them onto dvds is the problem-It may be the codes-Hollywood is getting smarter and making it hard to make a dvd -audio cds work fine-not the movies--o-well-I can watch them on my monitor-it's tv sized-19"---thanks for the input
e-mail Reply: 2 - 13
Posted: June 15th, 2006, 1:50am Report to Moderator
Guest User

i use power producer gold 2 its a great program and it gives you a lot of options had no problem copying anything also making anything film or disc wise also it has a power director function
e-mail Reply: 3 - 13
Robspace1
Posted: June 18th, 2006, 1:05am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks Joe-I'll check it out-I have ruined to many dvds trying to get them to burn-I finally had to spend a little more and get the re-writable's--
e-mail Reply: 4 - 13
Posted: June 18th, 2006, 1:07pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I never found Nero or many of the others much good. I've only found Roxio formerly Adaptec to work (albeit slowly).
e-mail Reply: 5 - 13
rdvrey
Posted: June 25th, 2006, 6:43am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I have found very often that programming problems are due to insufficient power supply. And very often burners have stringent requirements on the power site.

What happens is as follows : when writing the cd or dvd is written from the inside out it starts with a high speed that gradually becomes slower until it reaches the end of the disc. Then it needs to write the index which is the most inner circle the player suddenly increases to maximum speed and the power supply looses control over the 12 and 5V. The logic fails and so does the burn process.

How to test : burn at minimum speed if that works use a bigger power supply!

This way I was able to create a working solution for a external USB dvd burner reaching yes 16 speed.

Most external burner use the same kind as used in laptops versions that use less power but are more flimsy and the total process is slower. I used a DVD BenQ DW1640!

Regards

Robert
e-mail Reply: 6 - 13
Posted: June 25th, 2006, 6:19pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

I use Copy to DVD SE from VSO software. Works pretty well. Here is there homepage

http://www.vso-software.fr/

Also if you are trying to make backups of DVD movies and it is copyright protected you need special software to get around that. The best I have found is 1Click DVD copy. Both these programs work together along with a little program called DVD 43. DVD 43 Decrypts the protection.
e-mail Reply: 7 - 13
Robspace1
Posted: June 25th, 2006, 9:13pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Thanks folks for all the ideas-I will check them all out-The main problem is the fact that these are copy protected mainly-I use Limewire and Ares to download; which works good; my burners are internal and my system is all new with 350 gb. H.d. and 1 gig of ram-so speed is not an issue-I have dsl---but; as soon as I can find one good software that will copy dvds and mp3s' I will but it for sure-I have some success with  some of them sometimes but the overall dependability rate is bad--still lookin-thanks
e-mail Reply: 8 - 13
Posted: June 26th, 2006, 7:40pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

For $80 Buy 1 Click DVD Copy. This program will take any DVD and put it on a 4.5 GB DVD. When you buy this program it comes with DVD copy software . The only other thing is you will have to download DVD43 decrypeter. This program gets around just about any copyright protection. This is free. Make sure you get the free version. When you buy i Clicke DVD copy it will direct you to the site to download this software. This is the easiest and best DVD copy program out their. I have tried them all.

http://www.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/download.asp
e-mail Reply: 9 - 13
Robspace1
Posted: June 27th, 2006, 10:38am Report to Moderator
Guest User

Richey1-Thanks alot-I did just that last night-I gambeled on the 1 click and won!--It cost 59.00 and it worked great-I burned one protected disk to another in 30min.-I did download the DVD43-Free-good price!--But why the stupid smiley face?lol-Question-The 1 click came with a bonus program called Copy Dvd To Dvd--where is it?-Is it a seperate download or is it part of the 1 click?--Thanks again--Tip-If your looking for  Spyware removal software; be aware of Spyware Detector-I paid for it but have had problems-It has crashed my system a few times-Unlike Rays stuff-They are deleting some system files that are needed to run--they said they are working on the problem-They will have a good product after the bugs are worked out--but for now -not safe--
e-mail Reply: 10 - 13
Posted: July 5th, 2006, 6:58pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Copy to DVD should have been downloaded with 1 Click. If it did not contact 1 click support and they will guide you to where to dowload it or go to start then to programs and look for vso it should be in the vso folder vso software makes the program. When you first put in a DVD the smiley will turn into a devil. We smile because we are laughting at copyright protection.
e-mail Reply: 11 - 13
Robspace1
Posted: July 5th, 2006, 7:59pm Report to Moderator
Guest User

Richey--I got both the programs but I'm having problems getting my new Pioneer DVD recorder to play it-It will record and play back a tv show but when I burned a movie on my pc' it would'nt play it back-I used JVC dvd-rw.-The unit came with TDK DVD-RW- I have been working with the 1click tech support people-they asked for my logs-I sent them-I called Panasonic tech support and they said the player is not the problem; as it will record and playback so I called Panasonic Tech support and it was determined to be either a software problem or the movie not "finalizing"--whatever that is-it will play back on the pc-the media is fine-any idea?-Have you had this happen? BTW the 1 Click support team are great-! That alone is worth the money-Good response to emails--
e-mail Reply: 12 - 13
Posted: July 17th, 2006, 9:32am Report to Moderator
Guest User

I'm not sure where you can find it, but NTI DVD Maker is good too. I also have Nero OEM Suite, but I don't really like it.
e-mail Reply: 13 - 13
 Pages: 1
Recommend Print

Locked Board Board Index    Other Computer Problems  [ previous | next ] Switch to:

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Forum Rules